Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Day 1 - done

I survived day 1 of the challenge without being so hungry I felt the need to gnaw my arm off and I managed to work through the barriers that stopped me from getting off my butt and exercising in the past.

The meal suggestions were easy to make, easy to plan for (very important!) and delicious. Baked eggs for breakfast, a wrap for lunch, and BBQ steak and slaw for dinner. Husband is not a fan of cabbage and his eyes nearly fell out of his head when he saw how much 'slaw' ended up on his plate at dinner. None-the-less, he ate it all and politely declined the offer of having me make some for lunch today.

My biggest challenge was the exercise plan. I was surprised to see so much... ah... well, so much exercise for a beginner. But you know, you have to start somewhere and the results aren't going to come from being a couch potato. My run time of 6.52 mins for 1km put me in the intermediate exercise category but I've started off in beginner. Surprisingly, in following MB's exercise workout on the 12WBT page, I was able to switch comfortably between beginner and intermediate exercises. Ski jump - no probs. Boxing, running, core exercises - okay. But anything where I have to go from standing to jumping to the ground like burpees = struggle city. So there's something to work on.

Made it through the 50 min+ session without needing to call an ambulance so that was a positive sign. Lachie was a great motivator, standing next to me and telling me I was doing a good job.. and occasionally telling me 'that looks hard!'. He obviously worked up a sweat doing the supporter thing because every 5 minutes he got up to get a drink saying 'this is hard work, I'm so thirsty.' Ahhhh kids.

Bring on day 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment