Sunday, August 11, 2013

Today I ran... and I might do it again!

Today I ran. I ran a whole kilometre. And I didn't stop once during that time. It might not seem like a big deal to most of the population out there but for me, a non-runner and non-exerciser, it was huge. The last time I came close to running 1km without stopping would have been when I was at school running the 800m on sports day.

I didn't get up and decide to just run 1km. It was a pre-season task in the Michelle Bridges 12WBT. I've signed up and it all officially starts tomorrow. Today I did my measurements - how many push-ups in a minute, how long I could plank, wall sit test (should have done that before I ran - ow, my legs!) and a stretch test. There is lots of room for improvement and I'm excited :)

Back to my run. I surprised even myself by getting to 1km on my first go. I was looking at the Map my Run app on my phone, trying to jog and hit the 'distance' button on the screen to see where I was at and suddenly it zipped from 800m where I had been last time I looked to 1.1km. Woohoo! So it's a start. And like the other times, room for improvement.

My next mini-goal is to be able to run 1.5km without stopping, then 2km.

My goal this time next year is to run 10km in the Townsville Running Festival.

Here goes nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment